Quotable:

"In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is a sign of perfection." - Curnonsky

Sunday, February 10, 2008

2008 Grammy Picks

It's the 50th anniversary of the Grammys tonight. Maybe it's me but in reviewing most of the popular catagories, I really wasn't too excited about any of the choices besides, of course, Seal, White Stripes & Alicia Keys. Heck most of the artists that were nominated I had never heard of before or just plain didn't care for their songs. But here are my choices from the many songs I downloaded and listened to in 2007:

Album of the Year: Amy Winehouse Back to Black, but the Foo Fighters Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace is pretty good.

Record of the Year: Amy Winehouse "Rehab"

Best Male Pop Vocal: Seal "Amazing"

Best Female Pop Vocal: Amy Winehouse "Rehab"

Best New Artist: Amy Winehouse

Best R&B Song: Alicia Keys, "No One"

Best Rock Album: Bruce Springsteen Magic

Best Alternative Music Album: The White Stripes Icky Thump

No comments: