Quotable:

"In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is a sign of perfection." - Curnonsky

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

New Music: Aimee Mann "Freeway"

I'm inching closer to the June 3 release of Aimee Mann's next album @#%&! Smilers and I am positively salivating for it. I've already heard one song off the album, "Thirty One Today" and now there's a video of Mann playing another track, "Freeway" at Artists Den.

"Freeway" is pretty much exactly what I think of when I think of good, solid Aimee Mann songs. It's got some cynical lyrics set to a great, appealing melody which, in this case bounces right along in a way that's almost as catchy as "That's Just What You Are" (almost!). With regard to her upcoming album, it all seems to be so far, so good. To check out "Freeway" for yourself, click below.

Aimee Mann Performing Freeway live!

No comments: