Quotable:

"In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is a sign of perfection." - Curnonsky

Monday, February 23, 2009

Bones: Passenger in the Oven

Well, I didn’t think it was possible, but um, did I discover the one woman impervious to Booth’s charm? Hello? The plane seat was empty. Seeley Booth wants a massage seat…what’s the problem? In other news…

This was by far my favorite episode this season. The case was fierce, the squints were snarky, Booth was a stud and Brennan was a squinty smartypants scientist! Who could ask for more?

The Case: A very interesting one. Brennan and Booth are en route to China so Dr. B. can examine some remains. But, first, there’s a little somethin’ somethin’ called a dead body in the oven of the plane! AGH! Booth is grossed to the max, Brennan is nonchalant. I liked the way the whole thing played out, and it was actually kind of intense at the end there. I was surprised and saddened by the murderer.

The Squints:
1. Honorary Member: Caroline Julian: She made me laugh in her way, and she took care of business. Well done.

2. SUPER Honorary Member: Hands down, Booth’s seat mate on the plane with the love of murder and Mary Poppins purse.

3. Cam: Ah, she was good, smart, fine, nothing special, but she’s still golden after the episode. She’s the cat.

4. Sweets: Nice shorts. And, I’d say you look more like…….17.

5. Angela and Hodgins (see how I did that?) Hmmm…interesting. I liked their chats, and I’m interested in the fact that even when they are not together, they seem to still be swirling around each other. But, I’m going to hold off on further analysis until more results are in. But I want to know what you think!

Booth and Brennan:Was it me, or were B+B flirting with each other this entire episode? Like serious flirting? I mean, I liked it, but I was surprised by it, I guess. To me, this episode marks the first time this season Booth and Brennan were both totally confident and utilized in their professional roles. Of course, they weren’t in the lab or the interrogation room, but I thought there was a lot of symbiosis (word of the day!) between them. I love that Booth took care of business in the case. I haven’t seen that for awhile, and Brennan did her thing too, and very expertly, which I also love. I love when she goes MacGuyver and figures things out using random objects. I really do. But what do you all think about Brennan’s continual questioning of Booth re: why everyone thinks they are ‘together’ together? Did you notice the way Booth kept changing the subject? Hmmm…

Favorite line of the night: Right. What I want you to do is take off your glasses, shake out your hair, and say, ‘Mr. Booth, do you know what the penalty is for an overdue book?’

No comments: