Jim pulling a reversal and trying to dupe Dwight into accepting a thank you was a nice change from the norm. I thought it was going to be over with the certificate (that's certainly something Dwight would usually fall for), but the pay off was just about right. Sweetest moment on The Office since Toby came to Pam's art show.
I haven't mentioned much about Michael, but in a lot of ways, Michael's story was pretty typical. Let's just run down three great Michael related moments:
- Woman's suit. What was great was that I didn't notice it until Darrel did.
- The predictable, but still hilarious use of his personal relationship with Jan during the negotiation. "I'm withholding sex!"
- "Never touch a black man's radio!"
A few other moments of note:
- Ryan and Kelly. Who would've thought that their relationship would have a) lasted this long or b) become this compelling? Honestly, I'd love to see an episode devoted to them on a date. It is insane to name their kid Usher!
- Kevin warning Jim.
- Stanley: "I still think he's over paid."
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaand: Andy's back!
This was a good, not great episode, mostly held down by the (somewhat, kinda) ponderous Jim/Pam/Karen/Roy situation.