Quotable:

"In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is a sign of perfection." - Curnonsky

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Prison Break: Panama

Even though I loved this episode, I watched the whole thing in fear of suddenly hearing the Van Halen song.

I love it when the show starts out with pure action. Sucre and Bellick chasing down T-Bag was a great way to begin the episode. I guess it's no accident that Bellick continues to team up with the escapees to get his job done. Clearly he has more in common with them than he realizes.

I'm also very happy that C-Note survived. I was getting tired of Mahone's "final solution." Let's not forget, aside from Linc, C-Note is the only escapee who was actually innocent. Seeing him walk out of prison with his family was awesome. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him, but at least his family is relatively safe.

Once again, Mahone has a complete breakdown. I swear this guy gets more and more like John Nash every week. They say if you want to catch a criminal, you have to think like a criminal or in Mahone's case, a complete psycho.

As the episode wrapped up, it was nice to finally see Michael taking responsibility for all the collateral damage his plan has caused. Was it really worth everything that happened just to save the life of his brother? Did he really think he could expose what is clearly the biggest political scandal since the Teapot dome? Most importantly, as Michael and Linc walked on the beach, I kept expecting Hurley to walk up and say, "Dude, got any Pop Tarts on your boat?"

No comments: