Quotable:

"In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is a sign of perfection." - Curnonsky

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pick Me Up: Those Funny Hellboy Videos

If you're anything like me, when I came back to work after the long 4th of July weekend of fun, it was hard to get back in the groove. I even needed a boost that even coffee couldn't bring. Luckily, I've found something to perk me up, and I have hopes it will work for you, too.

I've already admitted my love for Hellboy, the big, goofy red guy whose second movie hit theaters last week. Hellboy 2 has me psyched partially because of director Guillermo del Toro's awesome visual storytelling, but I also love how adorable and bumbling Hellboy himself (played by Ron Perlman) can be.

Well, some smart executive has also picked up on Hellboy's more endearing qualities, producing a series of videos with Hellboy playing video games with NBC's Chuck, being interviewed by Inside the Actor's Studio's James Lipton, and even doing a "The More You Know"-style public service announcement with a cat. They've had me giggling at my desk all day. You can see my favorites here.





No comments: