Quotable:

"In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is a sign of perfection." - Curnonsky

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Pam's New Music Downloads

"I feel it all," sings Feist on the summery pop delight also titled "I Feel It All." Indeed, this Canadian singer-songwriter has a little bit of everything on her third solo album The Reminder. Reminding me of Joni Mitchell, Feist possesses a haunting voice that makes these songs linger in my head longer after they are over.

If I thought that Paul McCartney's bitter split from wife Heather Mills might have turned him into a grumpy old musician, I thought again. His new CD Memory Almost Full finds McCartney, who turned 65 in June, facing death with his sunny side up on "End of the End."

Bon Jovi continues to take a turn toward Nashville on Lost Highway. Bon Jovi makes twangy tweaks in sound, while employing country-style songwriting on tunes such "Lost Highway."

Often brilliant and never boring, the White Stripes maintain their position as the first couple of alt-rock on Icky Thump. The crunching, country-tinged "You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do as You're Told)" seals the deal.

No comments: