Quotable:

"In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is a sign of perfection." - Curnonsky

Monday, September 15, 2008

Arlington Park Race Track


Over the Labor Day weekend, I was off to the races at Arlington Park Racetrack in Chicago. OK, so it isn’t the Derby or Churchill Downs, but it is the next best thing!

My good friends Gregg & Chris raise thoroughbred racehorses and their Little Mac Attack was racing that Saturday. They invited me and another couple (Joe & Andrea) to ride along with them to Chicago. Little Mac Attack was in the lead, we were screaming, but unfortunately he fizzled out towards the end and came in 5th.

Rest assured, I didn't wear a big oversized hat, but did enjoy the entire day learning all about horse racing and having just a wonderful time. Even though I lost more money than I won, I have to share my secret for picking my horses from two criteria: 1) the name of the horse racing and 2) the color patterns of jockey’s jersey! LOVE IT!

That's me in the middle with the dress on.




No comments: