Quotable:

"In cooking, as in all the arts, simplicity is a sign of perfection." - Curnonsky

Sunday, August 31, 2008

1st Annual Kuthenator

My very good friends Gregg and Chris held their 1st Annual Kuthenator, which was a triathlon for all us "non" sports, "non" exercise type of people. Of course, I still didn't participate but I was the official Kuthenator photographer. For anyone who knows me, you know the only exercise I do is yoga and playing golf. Everything else, just makes me sweat and I don't like to sweat.

The triathlon consisted of a 1/2 mile swim across Little Paw Paw Lake, a 5 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run/walk. Gregg and Chris put a lot of time and effort into making this day successful and it showed.

Everyone was given triathlon names, boards were made to write down every one's time, map of the courses were well layed out, everyone cheered all the participants on since you were only racing against yourself, and a wonderful breakfast served afterwards. Plus you didn't need to participate in all three events, only what you were comfortable doing.

It was beautiful morning and I do have to say that all 35+ people who came out had a great time. We didn't have too many casualties, although we did lose one bicyclist who went the wrong way and one runner who ran 5 miles instead of 3.

While everyone was packing up and helping to pick up, we were are all talking about next year's Kuthenator and maybe, just maybe, I'll take the plunge and be one the participants. It definitely was a lot of fun.

Check out my photos:


No comments: